Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Is your toothbrush making you SICK?

You may have heard talk about the germs that can live on your toothbrush and wondered if it’s cause for concern. It’s a fact that there are more bacteria in the mouth than anywhere else in your body, and some of them get on your toothbrush when you brush your teeth. In addition, most people store their toothbrush in the bathroom, which tends to contain numerous airborne bacteria because of the warm, moist environment.


What can you do?

Buy a PLASTIC TOOTHBRUSH COVER?
     The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) strongly advises against storing toothbrushes in closed plastic containers, as the humid conditions are more conducive to bacterial growth.


Get an IntelliDent Toothbrush Shield?
     The Toothbrush Shield is designed to replace the plastic snap-on caps, which have been proven to trap and breed bacteria. It is a disposable, breathable, and fast drying shield that acts like a surgical mask for your toothbrush. The Shield is made of an antimicrobial nonwoven material that wicks away moisture from your toothbrush, creating a cleaner, healthier environment for your toothbrush – and your mouth. It is a laboratory tested 99.9% effective barrier against bacterial and viral transfer from both airborne and surface microbial contact. 


"Being a person on the go, I carry my toothbrush everywhere," said Susan Klinsport, CEO of IntelliDent. "I knew a plastic cap wouldn't protect my toothbrush, but I couldn't find an alternative. I also knew I couldn't be the only one facing this issue. Inspired to find a solution, I invented the Toothbrush Shield. Now it’s easy to protect your toothbrush -- traveling, at work, at home, and everywhere in between."


Toothbrush Shields can be purchased at your local Walmart NOW! 

Visit our Website!


1 comment:

  1. What a great product! My mom was just telling me she wished there was something better for protecting her toothbrush in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete